The Discipline of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) was set up in July 2009. It is one of the disciplines under the School of Engineering and offers Bachelor of Technology (BTech) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programs. The discipline adopts a modern approach to teaching wherein students are rendered in adequate academic freedom to innovate and learn in the process. State of the art facilities including the latest software and advanced hardware are available in various laboratories for the use in both teaching and research. This facilitates adequate implementation of major B.Tech projects and for verification and validation of research results.
The faculty members of the discipline are from diverse streams and specializations. Being a part of an emerging and relatively new institute, together with extremely competent research faculty, the Computer Science and Engineering faculty of IIT Indore offer a unique interactive platform for the students to explore the arena of fundamental and applied research.
Indore is fast developing into a major IT hub in central India. Organizations like CSC and Impetus have a strong presence in the city and major players like TCS, Infosys, and Wipro are in the process of setting up their offices. For the discipline this provides an excellent opportunity to foster industry-academia partnerships.
- A talk on "Initiating Research Effectively: A Guide and Personal Perspectives" by Prof. Gaurav Sharma, University of Rochester, USA on April 6, 2018 at SB 309.
[Abstract and Speaker Biography]
- Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF)
- Euristica 2018 - IIT Indore's First Coding Fest
- Courses offered under GIAN @ CSE, IIT Indore
- TopCoder sponsored onsite programming competition to be organized by CSE, IIT Indore on January 20, 2018.
- Research talk on "Efficient Privacy-preservation of Massive-scale Trajectory Data" by Prof. Sanjay K Madria, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, USA on Jan 10, 2018.
- Graduating student, Mr. Chaware Ketan Uday, of CSE receives The President of India Gold Medal in the 5th Convocation of IIT Indore.
- Graduating student, Mr. Aishwary Gagrani, of CSE receives the Silver Medal in the 5th Convocation of IIT Indore.
- Dr. Surya Prakash has taken over as Head, Discipline of CSE
- NTU-India Connect Program during July 17 - 19, 2017
- Research Seminar "Statistical Modelling and Inference for Computer Experiments" by Prof. Pritam Ranjan IIM Indore on April 18th2017
- Research Seminar "High Performance Parallel Programming on Modern Processors" by Dr. Vivek Kumar Assistant Professor at Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi (IIITD) on April 7th2017